Thank you for considering sharing your story with us. We understand that it can be difficult to put your thoughts and feelings onto paper, but we also know how healing the process can be when you are ready. NAMI research indicates that "expressive writing can help improve mood, increase psychological well-being, reduce depressive symptoms, decrease PTSD avoidance symptoms, reduce days spent in a hospital and improve immune system functioning (to name a few)." Telling your story can also help someone experiencing symptoms of mental illness to know they are not alone. It can be incredibly reassuring to know in this moment right now, someone else is going through similar struggles as you are - regardless of where they are, who they are, or how they identify. We would love to hear about your journey through recovery.
- Your first name
- Email address
- City & State (not required, but suggested)
- Title, if article-style
- Release Form
- Discussion of specific medications
- Discussion of specific suicide methods
- Full names of clinicians
Formatting may include:
- Personal stories on how you found NAMI-CVA, your experience with NAMI-CVA's programs and groups, or how NAMI-CVA may have helped you or your loved ones.
- Personal stories on your experience with mental illness, loss, or suicide.
- Tips on coping skills, self-care, resources diagnosis, advocacy, etc.
NAMI-CVA reserves the right to edit for content and length. Submissions may be shared on our website and social media pages. Please indicate if you would like to remain anonymous. Please fill out the release form here and email a copy to email@example.com or mail to P.O. Box 18086 Richmond, VA 23226-8086.
[contact-form firstname.lastname@example.org' subject='Email'][contact-field label='Name' type='name' required='1'/][contact-field label='Email' type='email' required='1'/][contact-field label='Website' type='url'/][contact-field label='City, State' type='text'/][contact-field label='Comment' type='textarea' required='1'/][/contact-form]